Chinese Qin Chess & Checkers Game Set - Pewter Chessmen & Black Stained Wood Board with Storage Drawers 15 in.
Qin (pronounced Chin) was the first imperial dynasty in China's long and ancient history. Under the influence of the reformer Shang Yang, China was united for the first time under a system that centralized power, established military prowess, increased trade, exalted the rule of law, and decreased the power of the nobility. During the Qin dynasty the Great Wall of China was built and it is said modern China derives its name from this first dynasty. That world comes alive in our magnificent pewter Chinese Qin Chessmen. Emperors, Concubines, Warriors, and of course, The Great Wall are represented in great detail. It's truly a stunning set that you will want to display in a place of prominence. The chessmen come with a gorgeous wooden chessboard with storage drawers for convenient placement of your chessmen.
- Chinese Qin theme chess pieces are sculpted pewter
- King measures 3.27 in. with 1.1 in. across base - pieces collectively weigh 6.4 lbs.
- Black stained & natural wood board - features 2 pull-out storage drawers for pieces
- Board measures 15 x 15 x 2.5 in. with 1.56 in. squares
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms & 24 wooden checker pieces with 1.1 inch diameter