The Bobby Fischer® Ultimate Chess Set has a long and storied history. First brought about by Dewain R. Barber and Jay Blem to give the chess market a sturdy, reliable tournament set that would not break the bank. The pieces are ergonomically engineered to feature smooth surfaces and seamless edges to make extended games comfortable and a joy to play. The large-headed pawns and bishops, and the grooved knight’s stem are easier to grasp. Heavy and durable, this set became the iconic plastic chess set here in the United States.
The original Ultimate chess pieces are making their debut in a new metal form with these beautiful silver and black metal plated pieces. The 3.625 inch king has been increased to 3.75 inches. The base size has been widened so the weight could be increased. At 9.5 lbs., it is one of the heaviest chess sets for its size on the market.
- Traditional Staunton style chess pieces
- Fits perfectly on a 2.25 inch square board
- King measures 3.75 inches tall.
- Pieces are silver and black plated metal
- Collectively weighs 9.5 lbs. USCF and FIDE tournament regulation size
- Includes 32 chessmen with thick felt bottoms. Single Queens.