Civil War Chess Set - Pewter Pieces & Walnut Root Board 16 in.
Chess is not just any old game. It is one of the most revered board games ever to hit the market. Not only is chess a fun and exciting way to compete against your rivals, it also offers a numerous array of intellectual benefits. Chess increases memory and develops concentration. It encourages imagination and creativity. Chess is also known to improve student's schoolwork and grades. Various studies have demonstrated that students acquire higher reading and math levels, and just an overall superior learning ability as an effect of playing chess. In fact, chess is part of the required curriculum in countries all over the world! A game for people of all ages. Learn to play at any age and unlike other sports, you don't ever have to retire. Age is never a factor when you're looking for an opponent. The young can play the old and the old can play the young. Chess is a game that brings enjoyment to its players while exercising their intellectual abilities.
- Civil War theme chessmen are sculpted pewter
- King measures 3.38 in. with 1.06 in. diameter base - pieces collectively weigh 6.4 lbs.
- Walnut root veneer board is dark brown and natural with inlay border & rounded corners
- Board measures 16 x 16 x 0.52 in. with 1.75 in. squares
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms