Russian Chessmen - Weighted & Handpolished Wood with 3.5 in. King
These attractive chessmen in the traditional Russian Staunton style are crafted from Sheesham and Kari wood. They are hand polished for a beautiful luster and they are weighted for greater stability. The Staunton design has become the standard for tournament play. The pieces are easily distinguishable making for easier game play. Knights are made to resemble the head and neck of a horse. Kings are the tallest pieces featuring a cross atop a closed crown. Queens are slightly smaller than the kings, and feature a coronet topped with a small ball. Rooks feature castle battlements, and bishops resemble a liturgical headdress of a western church. Pawns are the smallest and are topped by a plain ball. The pieces which represent humans (the king, queen, bishop, and pawn) feature a collar which separates the body from the head design. These will be enjoyed for years to come.
- Russian Staunton style chess pieces
- Pieces are crafted from Sheesham & Kari wood
- Pieces are handpolished & weighted for better stability during play
- King measures 3.5 in. with 1.25 in. diameter base
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms